Friday, January 8, 2010

Wheel of Wonder January 10, 2010


This week on Wheel of Wonder is another installment of the Bardic Byways series within the series. Like the virtual Minstrel I've travelled the world (albeit mostly through the Internet) to connect across cultures and collect not so much dreams forgotten, as tales untold. I'm sure the Moon and The Night Spirit would be so proud of me, and we'll have new tracks by them this week too. This weeks episode will mix the spoken word with the music, as we share stories from the Ulster Cycle of Ireland and other tales from the Mabinogian, and tales from Scotland as well, all brought to you by modern day Bards. This week I'll introduce you to the work of Hugin the Bard and we will hear a live (pre-recoded) interview with Damh the Bard and some tracks from his new album "tales from the crow man." A mostly Celtic journey of tales and tunes, this week on Wheel of Wonder!
Who created the Bard in Henna above? I don't know. I can tell you it wasn't me.

No comments:

Post a Comment